Distance Learning Model
Distance learning or distance learning is a method of teaching activities where teaching was carried out separately from the learning activities. This separation can be physical, such as being the distance because the participants volunteered to live far away from educational institutions. The separation can also be nonphysical distance, i.e., the form of the State forcing someone who is his residence near the location of the institution education, but not but not able to follow the learning at the institution.
Teaching and learning activities of separateness are characteristic of typical of distance learning education, or teaching method is where the action is carried out separately from the teaching-learning activities. This separation can be a physical distance, for example, because the participants volunteered to live far away from educational institutions. The separation can also be nonphysical distance, i.e., the form of the State forcing someone who is his residence near the location of the institution education, but not but not able to follow the learning at the institution.
The system of distance education is an excellent alternative to equalization of opportunities in the field of education. These systems can address some of the problemThis may cause due to the limitations of qualified teachers. On the order of school, training teachers and learners should not be in the same geographic neighborhood.
The goal is applying the application of web-based distance education at sites distance education developed in the territory of Indonesia; it is understood that this system comprises a set of applications that can be used as a tool in the distance education so that the delivery of educational material can be done well.
A means of supporting this system is information technology. The emergence of information and communication technologies in distance education is helpful, such as the development of various education online either formal or nonformal education are all using the internet facilities
The system of teaching approaches that can be done is to do teaching directly (real time) or by using the system as a place of the centrality of knowledge (knowledge).
This allows the formation opportunities for anyone to follow a variety of secondary education.
The System Of Distance Education
Although technology is an integral part of distance education, but education programs should focus on the needs of students rather than the technology itself instructional. Also need to also pay attention to age, culture, socioeconomic background, interest, experience, level of education, and get used or not by the method of distance education. An essential factor in the remote learning system is the attention, confident lecturer, experience, easy to use tools, and interaction with students.
On the construction of the system need to need to pay attention to the design and development of policies, interactivity, active learning, visual imagery, and effective communication.
- Design and development of the system. Instructional Development for distance education consists of the planning phase, development, evaluation, and revision. In designing instructional effective distance education, should pay attention to the goals, needs, and characteristics of lecturer and students, as well as the obligations of the content and technical barriers that may occur. The revision is carried out based on the input of the trainer content creator, and students during the process of running.
- Interactivity. The success of distance education systems among others are determined by the interaction between lecturers and students and environmental education, and between students and college students.
- Active learning. The active participation of the participants of distance education affects how they relate to their material to be learned.
- Visual imagery. Learning through television can motivate and stimulate the desire in the learning process. Narun, do not occur until the distortion due to the entertainment. There should be a selection between information that is not useful with qualified, determine which ones are feasible and which are not, identify irregularities, distinguishing facts from which are not facts, and understand how technology can supply an information quality.
- Effective communication. Instructional design begins with understanding the expectations of the user, and the get to know them as individuals who have a different view with the designer of the system. By following the desires of users that can be established as effective communication.