Director, Instructional Technology and Distance Learning
Under general direction, to plan, organize, manage, supervise and evaluate the efforts and activities of the Division of technology instruction and distance learning instructional and information technology Services, develop and implement policies, procedures and guidelines for the management and use of the management system of District Courts; Guide to the development and coordination of technology and support services to support the growth in online and blended learning programs; research, evaluate the professional experts providing assistance of instructional technology and distance learning problems; and doing related tasks as assigned.
- Lead, promote and encourage the development and implementation of innovative technologies, resources related to instructional and delivery methods.
- Plan, organize, control, manage and evaluate the work of the Division of technology instruction and distance learning; with subordinate staff, participate in establishing the operational plans and initiatives to meet Department goals and objectives; implement a plan departments, work programs, processes, procedures and policies necessary to achieve the results of the overall performance of the Department; Coordinate and integrate the Department’s functions and responsibilities to achieve optimal efficiency and effectiveness;
- Plans and evaluates the performance of assigned Staff; set the performance requirements and the target of personal development; Monitor performance and provide coaching for performance improvement and development; provide or recommend compensation and other rewards to recognize achievement; taking disciplinary action, up to and including termination, to address performance deficiencies, subject to the approval of management, in accordance with the human resources which are classified in the district policies, procedures and conditions of the employment contract.
- Provide leadership and work with staff to ensure high performance, customer service-oriented working environment that supports district goals and service expectations; provide guidance and participate in programs and activities that promote positive employee relations environment.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of learning plans based on the District Education Master Plan, goals and objectives.
- Manage online course development, Faculty training and mentoring and quality initiatives for distance learning.
- Ensure accessibility issues relating to online instruction and instructional technology addressed and comply with regulations.
- Design and deliver training to faculty and staff in the use of instructional technology, including software applications, the Internet, media tools and how to manage the content by developing training videos, workshops, classes, and guidance opportunities.
- Develop and teach seminars on the latest developments in instructional technology.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of instructional technology development center on the Pacific Coast and the Liberal Arts campus.
- Provide responsive advice and education for administrators, faculty, and staff on technology teaching and learning issues and trends in the distance. Serve as a knowledgeable source of information and distance learning technologies and best practices.
- Monitor changes in regulatory and technology trends that are associated with the delivery of distance learning.
- Ensure the timely preparation, maintenance and distribution of reports and data as required by federal, State, and local regulations;
- Provide leadership is consistent with the mission, purpose, and function of the area.
- Participate in State and local activities to promote the interests of the district and College in the field of distance learning.
- A commitment to the philosophy and values of Collaborative Governance based on a genuine sharing of responsibility.
- Work effectively with students, faculty, and staff of the background that is multi-cultural and increasing access and equity; as well as collaborating and coordinating projects with other administrators and staff to offer effective distance learning services to students.
- Applicable internal and external customer service is excellent and directing staff in the developing practices of excellent Customer Service. Apply and use effective interpersonal skills (wisdom, patience, politeness).
- Maintain an understanding of current ideas, trends, and practices relating to the field of responsibilities for this position.
- Perform related duties as assigned.